October 26, 2006

Girls Rule!

Every couple of months, a group of us have poker night. This started as a guys-only deal, but lately the girls have been playing too. Replace "playing" with "losing our money" because the guys ALWAYS won. Until Saturday, when I won!

Since the first words out of everyone's mouths was some version of "so how much yarn can you buy for that?", you can definitely tell that I have become an out-of-the-closet knitter! So it was as much of a surprise to me as it was to everyone else that my first winnings purchase was a new fall jacket. I'd been eyeing this brown suede jacket for a few weeks, decided to put it on my Christmas list (rendering it my new spring coat instead), and as luck would have it, it was on sale! Talk about meant to be!

Still, new jacket, new scarf? Must be done:









Now last night I had told myself that I must finish DH's sock #1, but I was having to tink back a few rows because I'd started my toe decreases too soon. Lost is not the show to be watching whilst you're having to pay attention to something. So, the scarf was started. Yes, that makes 5.

No comments: