October 13, 2006

Wouldn't want to keep anyone waiting...

So here's my project - I just had to find my camera.















The pattern is Oberstdorf from Dale of Norway, in a mixture of sock and baby yarns. Needles = 2.0mm and 2.5mm circulars, company long forgotten. Here's a closeup of the main colour section:














I love this pattern - it's not too challenging, although I wouldn't recommend it if you haven't done colourwork before. The added bonus, is that the only seaming is at the underarms - the rest is knit entirely on circulars. To someone who detests sewing up knitting projects, this was wonderful.

Just to show how much fun this pattern is, I've already completed the matching hats in two colourways. The purple one is for my daughter, to match the sweater of course, and the orange is for my friend's daughter, who is obsessed with orange. My friend, that is, not her daughter. She's still a little young to have a colour preference.

No comments: