December 03, 2006

Rollingpinde???

In it's natural habitat, the rolling pin is a happy, content, extremely comfortable piece of kitchen software. It understands the intermingling of flour, salt and water - it's best friends when it comes to my DH's famous pizza dough.










It may look like a strange shape to you, but my DH tells me this is a French rolling pin.

In this ballwinder-free home (until Xmas I hope - it's on my list!), it was time to become more than a rolling pin, a multi-tasker if you will. Alton Brown is a big fan of the multi-tasker, as anyone who watches his show will tell you.

How's this???









Memories Merino sock yarn from KnitPicks in the Rocky Mountain colourway. Centre-pull goodness. Let's get started!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Good for you. I don't have a ball winder either and usually use a giant hollow plastic knitting needle for a noste :)

Anonymous said...

I would like to point out that I washed the rolling pin before I used it cook again...