February 04, 2007

Lotsa little things

FO from 2006

I knit these socks for my friend Danielle for Christmas and she finally sent me a photo:









Details: Generic top-down sock pattern, 2.5mm DPNs, yarn from KnitPicks but I don't remember what it was called - no longer there.

For the perfectionist, you will note that they NEARLY match. The only place they don't is right at the ankle. See where the two red stripes are really close together, with a small section of yellow between them? On one sock, this is 2 rows, on the other, just one. I seriously considered frogging the heel of the second one to make it match, but thought that was being a leeeetle obsessive!

Nearly Finished Baby Arwen

This is my extremely-modified Cardigan for Arwen from Interweave Knits, Winter 2006. It's for a one year old, and just requires a zipper and it will be complete!









I knit it mostly to-pattern, (except scaled down), except for the hood which I knit in one piece, which I was quite pleased with. I re-knit it about 3 times, and I think it's still not quite there - I think it needs to be a little deeper.












A close up of the front cabling (also different from pattern):












I'll put some more details with the finished photos. I was going to use my daughter to model it, but I will be in England in a few weeks, and hopefully I'll be able to post photos with the intended recipient instead!

More Argyles

A current work in progress: a second pair of argyles for a friend who will currently remain nameless since I haven't asked their permission.










Difference from last time - those yarn bobbins sure make life easier!


1 comment:

Anna said...

Very cute 1-year-old version of the sweater! :-D