March 05, 2007

Adventures in Dyeing, Part 3

So after finally getting through to the baggage office, we have been told that our camera has not been found. (Meaning, someone decided they needed a new camera.) Personally, I'd be much more upset if we didn't have a means to get our holiday pictures, but it disturbs me that there are people who care so little about others that they would steal a camera that has someone else's potentially important photos on it.

On a more positive note, it means we got to go shopping for this:










It's bigger than the last camera, which theoretically means it will be harder to leave behind.

Finished socks!

The Bayeresche socks on the left were finished just prior to our vacation, the Jaywalkers on the right, just after.














Bayeresche socks in KnitPicks Palette, Pool Colour. (Do my feet look fat in that one, or is it just me?)













Jaywalker socks in KnitPicks Bare, dyed with Grape and Ice Blue Raspberry Lemonade Kool-Aid.

Closeups:

































I'm really happy with the Jaywalkers - look how well they match! Plus, there's enough left for some little ones for the little one.

Sock Madness

Yarn has been ordered from Red Bird Knits and KnitPicks, and I am checking my mailbox daily. I can't wait for a group shot!




2 comments:

Caren said...

Hi Carrie, your socks look great! I'm thinking about making those cabled ones too. I think it's interesting how you seem to like the pattern to go way down almost to the tips of your toes. Whereas, I like some stockinette toe tips. Vive la difference, eh? Congrats on your self-dying success too. I haven't dived into that yet, but I've been thinking about it...

Bridget said...

Ah, ha! It appears you are my opponent in the second round of Sock Madness! May the best knitter win!

Seriously, I'm having a blast with this game. And I love your Jaywalkers! I'm going to dye some self-striping yarn to make knee socks for a friend, but need to decide on a pattern before I do the dying. Isn't dying with Kool-Aid fun? Can be exasperating, too; detailed my experiences on my blog.

I'm hoping they don't release the next Sock Madness pattern until next weekend; I really stressed myself out about it.

Techno-knitter