April 22, 2007

Freaky Weather

The last post, April 9th, showed snow in my backyard. If I had thought to take a picture this weekend, the scene would have been much different. Trees budding, (including my Korean Lilac, phew! thought that one hadn't made it), flipflops, sandals, shorts, t-shirts, sunscreen and sunhats. Summer has arrived, at least for a few more days. Gotta love this country!

Sock madness continues, I'm through to round 5. Here are the winners from round 4:


My husband tells me these look unfortunately like a 70's couch. Would anyone like to share with him that brown is IN??? The yarn is KnitPicks Memories in the S'mores colourway. For those out there not from North America, think chocolate, graham crackers and marshmallows melted over a fire. YUM! The patter is by Tina Loren and these were definitely the hardest so far - an 8 row pattern repeat which was ingrained in my brain by about the 3rd time through. So difficult enough to need attention, but I wasn't having to check the pattern each and every stitch. I think this is about to change though, next round (Friday!) uses a solid coloured yarn so there must be some serious patterning. I'm thinking lace and/or cables.

Just for fun, here are all the sock madness socks so far:

2 comments:

Jo at Celtic Memory Yarns said...

They DO look nice altogether. I must do that. The pink ones really stand out, don't they?

Me, I reckon lace this round. The clues suggest that.

Good luck!

JennyRaye said...

Congrats on moving on to the next round!