August 24, 2007

Wow, it's been a while!

Hi folks!

I must say that the reason I haven't posted is because my current projects don't really look much different. The Seashell shrug is coming on well, but since it's all bunched up on the circular needle, it looks like a mess. I've turned the heel on my argyle socks, but these are taking me forever! 10 stitches/inch on 2mm needles for a guy with big feet is taking it's toll. Finally, as you'll see from my sidebar, I've been dyeing yarn. Much fun, although it tends to smell a little. Fine now, as I can open the window, but not sure what I'll do once the snow flies.

Have you heard about Ravelry? I got my invite last week, and have spent far too much knitting time exploring. Come say hi - my username's yarnmagnet (yes, I know, very original!)

My hubby and I are off for a well-deserved weekend away. Little Miss Chloe is going to have a wonderful time hanging out with her Grandma, who's convinced she's forgotten all there is to know about taking care of wee ones. (Trust me, she raised two, and they seem to be doing very well - I'm sure it'll all come back to her.)


Therefore, I needed to find some knitting for the car. I could've taken the argyles, but there's a slim chance I'd finish the first one, and then not have all the yarn to start the second one. The shrug is getting a little large to cart around. So, I've decided to cast on for Pomatomus in Colinette Jitterbug, purchased here. The photo above is a little brighter than real life, but the yarn is QUITE pink. Now, I've knitted a pair of socks out of this yarn, didn't like them, and frogged them. However, I'm thinking that if I started with 2 balls, finished 2 socks, and then frogged them, shouldn't I have 4 balls? I guess I'll worry about that later.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

No comments: