September 30, 2007

Finished Pomatomus...

... and why I hate driving in the dark.

I don't usually blog from the road, probably because I'm not away from home that often. Tonight though, finds me in Perth, Ontario, a little bit west of Ottawa. Vague, I know, but I'm too lazy to go find a map.

In my prior life on the other side of the pond, I worked for a real estate agent which meant lots of driving on windy English country roads, at times only one lane wide. Although this may seem scary, it's better at night because you can see the lights coming way before you see the cars. Tonight's drive saw me on a 2-lane highway, plenty of space. However, why did nearly EVERY car refuse to turn off their high-beams? Very annoying. And blinding. Okay, rant over.

I finished my Pomatomusses (would that be the plural?) this afternoon, and since there's been a bit of a drought with respect to finished objects, I couldn't wait to post them. So, here they are (and you won't need your sunglasses):

Made with one skein of Collinette Jitterbug, colourway Alizarene, purchased here. 2.5mm DPNs. Pattern, of course, available for free here.

A closeup of the heel gusset area:


I finally managed to photograph these suckers! The trick? No flash. The colour is actually quite accurate now that I've lightened the photos a little.

Up next: Reid. I know I said I wouldn't cast on for anything else until the Shrug-that-never-ends is done, but I couldn't really travel with it. That's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it!

No comments: