February 08, 2008

Year of the Sweater!

2007 was definitely the Year of the Sock (see Finished 2007).

2008 is shaping up to be the Year of the Sweater. This weekend I will be taking pictures of the finished Durrow for Bill, as well as the finished Seashell Shrug for me. Good thing I got some of these languishing projects off the needles, as I have cast on for Gathering Intentions from the Fiona Ellis book Inspired Cable Knits which was a Christmas 2006 present.

Taken with my trusty blackberry:
Yarn is Knit Picks Wool of the Andes in Cranberry. It's a little scratchy, I'm hoping it softens up once it's been through the wash. Also, it comes in small 50g balls which means there will be lots and lots of ends to deal with at the end! Perhaps I'll try not be such a procrastinator and deal with the ends as I go... we'll see!
Also, I've signed up for Sock Madness 2, which means there will be at least some socks being completed this year! I had so much fun doing this competition last year, I just couldn't resist the urge to go for it again! It's not too late if you're interested... there's some beautiful sneak peaks at the patterns being contemplated this time around.

No comments: