March 04, 2008

Gathering Intentions

Progress on Gathering Intentions is going rather well, although I imagine that Sock Madness 2 will shortly get in the way.

One back complete:
I am hoping against hope that this blocks wider. The yarn seems to be springing back quite a bit, and I'm hoping a good block will fix it... anyone have experience with KnitPicks Wool of the Andes? (If you tell me it shrinks, I'm outta luck... this sweater will have to wait until it fits my daughter.)

A closeup of the cabling:


One sleeve nearly complete:

I love the way this pattern doesn't have you put too many increases in the sleeves, making them giant triangles. I'm a fan of straight sleeves myself!

Comments...

Lise asked where the pattern from the previous post came from... it's Eunny Jang's Autumn Rose, published in Simply Shetland 4. You can see Eunny's version here. Absolutely the most stunning pattern in the book, and I cannot wait to begin swatching for this one. (Swatching is a must on this one, as it's steeked! No going back!)

No comments: