April 20, 2008

A (dark) FO!

Gathering Intentions is finished! I think this is the sweater I'm most proud of. The fit is good, exactly as it should have turned out from the gauge. A fantastically written pattern, although I did do a three-needle bind-off across the shoulders. Mattress stitch takes forever, and I had never done it before when sewing up purl stitches on the right side, but the end result is totally worth it, even if it did take me DAYS...

The picture below does not do it justice. It was taken at dusk, and the colour is slightly less pink-red, and more burgandy-red. I was just dying to get a picture up! I'll have to get some pictures taken on a person, who may or may not be me. Due date is less than 5 weeks away, and those cables across the front are slightly s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d although I can get the sweater on. Won't be able to wear it now until the fall, but I'll be ready when the cool weather returns!


Pattern: Gathering Intentions from Inspired Cable Knits by Fiona Ellis
Yarn: Knit Picks Wool of the Andes (Worsted) in Cranberry. Have a few skeins left over, so the pattern is generous with it's yarn requirements
Needles: 5mm (8)

In other news, Chloe has had her new room repainted, and we spent the weekend putting together a big-girl bed, dresser and side-table. IKEA, of course. Chloe, like her mom and dad, enjoys building IKEA furniture:


Check out those fuzzy slippers! (Mostly to prevent teeny tiny metal screws ending up in the bottom of her feet, not because it's cold.)

Round 4 of Sock Madness begins tomorrow between 6am and 10am. Unfortunately, work may play a major part in not letting me advance to Round 5, but I'll give it my all. I may even take a lunch break tomorrow! Wish me luck...

No comments: