April 13, 2008

So much for the Year of the Sweater

Sock Madness does have a way of monopolizing one's finished projects.

It also made me realize I don't really need any more socks. Especially with summer around the corner, where my sock drawer doesn't get opened for roughly 6 months. Still, that doesn't stop my competitiveness from keeping me motivated :)

Round 2 started March 31, and was complete by April 8 (mine were done April 4, in time to make it through to round 3):

Yarn: Hand-dyed, my winnings from Sock Madness 1.
Pattern: Reversai by Janine La Cras (Pattern not yet available to those outside of Sock Madness. They are often available after the competition is finished, so check often.)
Needles: 2.5mm DPNs
Verdict: Will definitely do again, just in a plainer yarn so you can actually see the clever pattern.

Round 3 started April 10th, and I completed mine this afternoon (in time!):


Yarn: Knit Picks Shadow in Oregon Coast Heather and Sunrise Heather.
Pattern: Slippin' Slidin' Socks by Tina Lorin
Needles: 2.75mm DPN
Verdict: AWESOME

You see right - Knit Picks Shadow. That's laceweight! I haven't taken these socks off since the above photo op, and they are easily the most comfortable socks I've ever worn. They're also very warm - will definitely be doing these again (especially since our new washing machine has a handwash/wool cycle! :) )

I am in the process of sewing up Gathering Intentions, so should have a non-sock FO soon!

No comments: