May 20, 2008

Parade of Finished Objects

Following on the heels of the successful outdoor photo shoot, I bring you pictures of my finished Curlique:


I finished this way back in July 2007 but didn't post pictures of because a) I hadn't taken any decent ones and b) I wasn't happy with it. I'm still not.


You can't really see, but even after pulling and prodding (and blocking) this sucker just won't sit flat. Very annoying. I should have known better (which may also be lending itself to my annoyance) as Kathy noted problems with the pattern when she knit it. I thought we might have slightly different row gauges or something which was throwing it off, but apparently I was wrong!

I also tried to get some better pictures of Gathering Intentions, but pictures of sweaters lying on the deck just don't do them justice. I tried to get some with me acting as model, after all, the sweater is for me! However, those cables are just a leetle bit s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d!


Finally, I finished Reid last night, and Chloe loves it! So much that I couldn't block it, as that would have meant it wouldn't have been dry today.


Pattern: Reid by Brooke T Higgins
Yarn: Patons Grace (4 skeins taupe, 1 skein white for edging)
Needles: 3.5mm
Modifications: Added a repeat to the sleeves and body on the 2x size (she's tall but slim, so going up to the size 4 wouldn't have worked).
Overall: Very happy! (The recipient is too.)


No sign of Baby, which reminded me of something that the YarnHarlot once commented on. Typically, the babies didn't arrive until AFTER she'd finished the baby knit she was working on. If that's the case with my baby, then I'd better get working on that Alphabet Blanket!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Test

Cindy/Snid said...

Ahhh. I came over to see if the big UFO had come yet. (I was thinking about you this morning!) I think you'd better get knitting on that blanket!