June 22, 2008

This can only mean one thing...


I'm onto the edging!

I've been researching some yarn options, I have projects a-plenty in mind, including sweaters for my two little girls, as well as one for myself. Good thing I have some birthday money to spend down at the LYS. The Autumn Rose swatch is still in an unwashed unblocked state, so not quite ready to cast on for that yet, plus it'll be MONTHS until I can wear it!

I also read about Wrapped in Care today, thanks to Wendy, who linked to it from her blog. I'd paraphrase it here, but really, just click the link and read it yourself. My paraphrasing wouldn't do it justice. The idea really struck a chord in me - I am thankful every day for my two beautiful, healthy daughters. Needless to say, I'll be starting a shawl as soon as I can get my hands on some laceweight. Plus, I love the idea of laceweight knitting, although I know I'd never wear the finished product. This is perfect.

No comments: