July 21, 2008

Baby Shrug - additional comments

A few other things I meant to say about the Baby Shrug by Debbie Bliss.
The pattern states that you will require 4.5mm and 5mm needles in both straights and circulars. However, the entire pattern can be done on straights, especially the smaller sizes. I think the circulars are used for when you have too many stitches to comfortably hold them on straights, they are never used for actually knitting in the round.

I think this is an important FYI, since I actually went and bought 5mm circulars and then never needed them. In fact, the only reason I used my 4.5mm circulars was because I did the finishing in a different order then the pattern states. I worked the cuffs, then seamed, then I picked up stitches for the border on the circular. The instructions actually have you work the border on the back and the fronts separately, and then seam.

No comments: