Quite the opposite, in fact.
I'd love to have finished pictures of the Alphabet Blanket, but I've run out of yarn, and have not been able to find the same colour since. I hope it wasn't a random one-off, or I'll have to do some frogging and alter the border, which is half completed. Not a huge problem, but I'd rather not, if you know what I mean. Frogging when you haven't made a mistake just seems wrong...
I do have some finished projects to show you though, first up, Commuter Socks for Chris. Being on maternity leave means no commuting so these have been on the needles for a while. We've had friends in town from England which has meant many car trips, and they finally got finished:
Simple slip-stitch rib, 84 sts around on 2.75mm needles. Yarn, forgotten (sorry). Picture taken on my feet instead of Chris', although you can't tell from that photo that they're hanging off my toes. Good optical illusion there!
Finished object #2 is the Baby Shrug by Debbie Bliss. Free pattern here. The construction is really clever, all worked in one piece and then seamed, finally adding the ribbing. A really quick knit, aran weight yarn on 5mm size 8 needles!
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran. For once, I splashed out and bought the yarn called for in the pattern. The yarn is gorgeous, feels fantastic in the ball, and even better knitted. Nothing but the best for my daughter!
It doesn't fit. I got gauge, bang on. Used the needles AND the yarn called for. Did the 3-6m size, figuring it would fit her in the fall. It barely fits her now:
(Apologies for the clashing pinks, but I didn't want to change her AGAIN today just for a photo opportunity.) Next person I know to have a girl, gets this sweater.
Work has started on a new pair of socks, which have a potentially interesting construction to them... if it works. It works in my head, now we'll have to see if I can get it working on the needles...
I would like a typo better
1 day ago