August 11, 2008

'Twas a long time coming

Wow. I never thought it would take over a year to finish, but I finally sucked it up and felted my Booga Bag this weekend.

I started this last July, and it was knitted up in a few weeks. Since then, it's hung around, been packed into a box, unpacked, and after staring at me for a few more weeks, I finally got up the courage to put it in the washing machine.

Here's a closeup after one trip through:
And after 4 more trips, I had this!
Pattern: Julia's Booga Bag
Yarn: 3 skeins of Noro Kureyon in colour 135 (I see why they use numbers - what colour would you call that???) purchased at Spun Fibre Arts.
Needles: 6.5mm circular
Modifications: None. I should have done the i-cord first, and then just knitted the bag until I ran out of wool.

Knitting is progressing on the Wrapped in Care shawl, which looks like a slightly bigger pile of scrunched up lace than last time. Hopefully the next blog will have some finished photos, I love seeing how lace grows from a limp heap into something beautiful!

No comments: