August 22, 2008

Well, I kinda stuck to my plans. The Wrapped in Care Shawl is finished, and off the needles, but not yet blocked.

Apres Surf Hoodie is progressing quicker than I thought. I love this lace pattern, 10 rows and just enough to keep me interested without having to check the pattern every five seconds. It also makes it really easy to keep notes so that (supposedly) my back will match my front, making seaming a breeze!

I'm just past the armholes, on the second ball of yarn. The yarn is surprising me! I'd finished the stockinette portion and was convinced that there was no way this entire sweater with a hood would be completed with only 8 balls. I'm feeling more optimistic now

We're having some pretty crazy weather here in southern Ontario, I could have used this sweater a few times this week in the evenings! Never thought I'd say that in August.

Here's a closeup of the lace pattern. Not a very good shot colour-wise, it's a lovely dark brown colour, much less grey than the above picture shows.

I've been doing a whole ton of dyeing too - hop over to my Etsy shop and have a browse!

No comments: